September 1 always feels like a January 1 redo. (I’m posting this on the 5th, but writing it on the 1st.)
It’s a time to look back and see how my goals/strategies have worked for the first half of the year and what I need to adjust/redo for the next season.
- You might’ve noticed, but I’ve been working on my website. Prettied it up a bit. Hired my son to add my books to the menu. I’ve added images of all my books under all my author names on the main page, not just Lee Strauss. That was one decision I made. In January I thought I’d keep them all very, very separate, kind of stay incognito from one name/brand to another. I don’t think that’s in my best interest or in the interest of readers who might like to read cross genre. This website is Lee Strauss focused – the other brands have their own websites – but I decided to use a little real estate to nod to my other alter egos.
- I switched from Mailchimp to Mailerlite for my email service. This is a cost cutting move, but I actually like the cleaner look of Mailerlite, and once the major work of setting everything up was completed, I was happy with my decision. My goal is to reach 5000 subscribers on my Lee Strauss list by the end of the year. I’m at 2800. Also, with Mailerlite I could set up automation for all my brands under the same low price plan.
- Social media is always a big decision. There’s just so many avenues now, that a person can get tied up in knots trying to do them all. I’m still not sure exactly what to do. This blog also cross posts, which helps me stay present.
- I’ve been distracted with Sekret Project. This is a stand alone psych-thriller that landed me a double-agent literary management contract. It’s taken up a lot of time I’d normally have devoted to the Nursery Rhyme Suspense series, and has put me behind schedule. However, I have started the 4th book, TWINKLE LITTLE STAR, and should have it ready to release by December, so all is well!
- The Sekret Project! Such an unknown. A wild card. Could be a hurricane, could be a sniffle.
How about you? Do you re-evaluate in Sept? Or are you chill like Winnie, and just go with the flow?